La découverte musicale du jour!Un bon groupe à écouter dans la caisse avant d'aller à l'eau!!!Petit interview de ce groupe bien cool!!
Could you tell us about the formation of the group?
You have chosen to call Automatic Sam! Can you explain this name?
- We've named our band after a character from the Captain Beefheart song 'Tarotplane'. Automatic Sam takes a girl for a ride in his little airplane. The song is a 20 mintute long free bluesjam with lots of improvised lyrics. Automatic Sam's girl is a lucky girl
How does the composition of labor within the group?
- Tim on drums, Erik on bass, Rense on guitar and me (Pieter) on guitar. And everybody sings. Sometimes arranged, sometimes on the spot and hopefully in tune.
What is the craziest thiin that you see during a show in the public?
- A drunk guy in a morphsuit that couldn't stop hitting me with a inflatable baseball bat. After the show he passed out, hanging over the barriers, while his "friends" beat him up.
If you had the choce between three concerts:
-A concert for penguins on the ice
-A concert at the Stade de France and empty in the rain
-A concert for the club domino Loudeac dadyday with vocals
Which do you choose?
- I would go for the penguins. Don't know, but hell, why not!
What is your dream in music?
- To be independent and creative.
Qhat is your actuality?
- Do you mean what we are doing right now? We've just finished a new record that will be released in September. Then the touring starts again, yes! The record will be available in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy so we're busy booking the tours right now. This summer we'll be playing some festivals in the Netherlands.
A last word!
- Thanks for the interview, check: www.automaticsam.com and get in the van.